Kid’s Power! New session begins 8/22
August 22, 2022| Free
A new series will begin Monday, August 22, 2022 and meet in-person on Monday evenings from 5:30 to 7:30pm (through October 17th). A light dinner will be provided for the youth at each session and will be held at the Council offices at 3204 College Street, Grand Island. The series will end with a Family Celebration on Monday, October 24, 2022 from 5:30 – 7:00p.m.
Join us for an 8-week educational series for children ages 7-11 who are affected by a loved one’s addiction and is offered free. This program is designed to help children:
- Understand that they are not alone
- Learn about addiction in an age-appropriate way
- Explore and express feelings in a safe and supportive environment
- Learn a variety of problem-solving, coping, and self-care strategies
- Build self-esteem, self-worth, and positive feelings about themselves
- Simply be kids by learning to have fun in safe and healthy ways
Sign Up Early!!! Pre-registration is required!
For more information, or to register, please call the Council at 308-385-5520 or visit our website at www.cncaa.net